Turbine producer Eric Boyer posted a happy birthday message on the forum with a bunch of new stuff coming for the future. Here are the basics:
- Overhauling our bug reporting tool – I’m looking forward to this. I hope this will address the MYDDO and DDO Store slowness that i’ve been experiencing
- Work on the new enhancement system is well underway and it will be heading to its first public beta this spring. In its current iteration, each class has at least two prestige class paths – Two prestige classes!! Barbarians get more then Frenzy Berserker and Clerics don’t have to be Radiant Servant?
- More uses for Astral Diamond shards
- DDO’s second expansion titled ‘Shadowfell Conspiracy’ coming this summer! -Expansion? Like MotU? Will VIPs have to pay again?
- Raising the level cap to 28 and Epic True Reincarnation – Part of the expansion that might have to be paid for?
- Iconic Heroes… get[s] you right into the Forgotten Realms starting at level 15. Each of these Forgotten Realms born characters will start as a race class combination with new racial abilities. –Super Veteran Status?
- New monsters – including the owlbear?
Looks like a lot of potential. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next. I just really hope that it will be beta tested a lot before release.
Read the full forum post here.