The Warlock class is now available for preview on Lamannia. Character copy is not working but they are focusing on testing the Warlock class so there is not much need to copy a character from live servers. If you have access, download Lamannia and test them out. Help Turbine test everything so we can have a bug free release of the new class!
Check out Gemini166 on his twitch stream http://www.twitch.tv/gemini166. He plays on my home server of Argo. He usually streams 6pm-8:30pm central time daily. I have a good time watching his stream. He does a good job of interacting with the people watching the stream. A good time all around!
So, work has been kicking my butt and I haven’t been able to play much DDO let alone run Temple of Elemental Evil. I’ve heard some pretty good things about it but I’ve also heard that it can take a long time to complete and time is something I’ve been short on lately.
In the small amount of time I have had I have played with the new crossbow “feel” and I think it’s a vast improvement over the old way. Although I sometimes end up shooting and extra volley of arrows. I figure that with some practice I’ll figure out when to let my finger off the trigger in time time to avoid that. I suspect that it’s just my old habit of holding the trigger to load the next arrow in the chamber so to speak.
In any case here are links for the Update and Patch notes.
Some bad news with Patch 2 though. With it’s release some ladders have not been cooperating. Cordovan say’s the issue is being looked into.
Also, Cordovan talked about some things to come in Update 26 (aiming for June). It looks like some new heroic and epic quests are coming. Amrath. Also, they are aiming to release warlock then too. As with anything though, I would not count that as a promise. Sometimes things get mucked up and things might get pushed back.
Cordovan, Severlin and Vargouille preview U25’s rogue enhancements. They go step by step through each tree explaining what has changed and what has not.
If all goes according to plan U25 is scheduled to be released on Monday April 6th.
Severlin, Steelstar, Knockback, and Cordovan did a brief preview two quests in the Temple of Elemental Evil then answered a few questions. I’m really looking forward to this module. A few months ago when the DDO servers went down for maintenance on my day off, I pulled out the old Atari/Troika PC game and installed it with the Circle of Eight mod pack. If you get a chance it is well worth heading over to GOG and spending the $6 on it . It’s a turned based game and I can’t wait to see how Turbine translates this storyline into DDO’s system.
They also briefly talked about the reworking rogues will be getting along with changes to crossbow to make all of the types more viable in the game as well as changing the animations so it’s smoother. They will be previewing this next week on the livesteam.
At the end of the video they were debating on talking about something that they are not allowed to talk about. They did not end up talking about said subject but it was implied later that they will be releasing more classic tabletop D&D content.
Before the downtime on March 4th I was thinking about airships. I really like what they did with the airships in Update 22. The amenity bar is awesome. If I’m in a hurry I don’t have to spend 5 minutes buffing on the airship. If I have a bit more time I can go to the cargo hold and get the old buffs that still work. The only thing is that when I have some downtime. If there are no groups up doing something I want or if I’m not in the mood to put a group up I’m looking for a reason to spend time on the ship. My guild has purchased the Kraken and I noticed this unused door with barrels piled up. I haven’t spent time on other ships lately so I don’t know if they have this door but I think it would be a good idea to use this door for something. Guild leaders quarters, captain quarters, PVP pit, anything interactive that gives us a reason to stay on the ship. Maybe with some kind of daily guild reward given away. Even if it’s something as small as a +5% guild XP bonus potion.
I’m really having fun with the mimic event. After the anniversary event time ends I think I would still like random chests becoming mimics even if there were no special awards given. It keeps me on my toes. Although, it did screw me up in one quest but it was totally my fault. I was soloing The Haunted Library in House Jorasco and the chest that had the first tome was a mimic. I thought I clicked the “Loot All” button but I guess I pressed the close button while trying to kill the mimic so I never picked up that tome. I didn’t realize it until I was almost to the end of the quest and I didn’t have a dimension door to get back to the beginning. I asked a guild member to log on to a lower level character but they didn’t have D-Door either and since they were out of the quest when I opened the chest they couldn’t get the tome themselves. I ended up having to recall out and re-enter loosing the 10% bonus.
During the downtime today Cordovan couldn’t do his regular Wednesday DDO livestream so he spent the hour answering questions. A lot of tough questions were asked that he didn’t have the answer too but he also had a lot of answers too. It’s a bit long but it’s worth the watch.
Story Time: A while back I joined a group doing Epic Elite High Road. Most of the characters were not self sufficient. I know I wasn’t. I had rolled up an experimental 2 rogue/18 fighter. I was on my first life and I was still in the melee destiny circle so my self healing options were limited. I think all of the other members of the group were in the same boat.
Needless to say, we didn’t do very well. It ended up being a wipe. I wasn’t too focused on this particular character so I swapped to my healer. He’s a total nanny-bot. Pure radiant servant. He’s an elf so there’s not even any need to waste action points in his elf tree because not much in there is useful for a healer. All the other characters in the group were the same. When we restarted we completed the whole chain easily.
I think too much emphasis is put on being self-sufficient. Epic Destinies are making it very easy to be self-sufficient. People aren’t rolling up healers as much as a result. Groups aren’t waiting for healers to join anymore. Characters that are new to Epic Destinies can’t survive. I find that groups that have a healer tend to go well. The melee can focus on killing things because they don’t have to stop to heal themselves. Epic level raids do tend to need at least one healer so I don’t think we will be seeing healers go away totally.
This somewhat extends to heroic content as well. Most groups don’t wait for a healer anymore. Actually most groups don’t wait to even fill. There are so many times when I join a group the quest is almost done when I enter and I have a penalty to xp. This seems like something that would frustrate new players and lead to a lot of people quitting before they even get to know how awesome DDO can be.
I mostly play on one server, Argonnessen, so I don’t know if things are different on other servers. Let me know if your server is different of if this is happening all over DDO.
- Fireball and Fireball spell-like abilities no longer use the strength score of the caster to determine DC. I know a few fire sorcerers who will be happy.
- Tactical feats no longer add character level to DC. I was wondering why my cleric was able to trip everything. It came in handy. I understand why it was fixed but I’m sad to see it go.
There were just a few more things fixed and you can read about them here.
A hotfix was pushed today which, at least for me, fixed the issues with stack-able items and scroll use. I’m glad that was fixed right away. While the stacking bug was annoying the inability to equip/use scrolls was pretty much game breaking for a handful of my characters. It did take longer for the servers to recognize my password and it took longer to log in so that might be something they need to look at but it could just be my connection or computer.
While I was browsing the Dev Tracker I saw this nifty response by developer/producer Severlin. He was responding to someone on the forums that was upset with how bad the fighter saves are. He was breaking an unwritten rule by posting this so nothing he said in this post should be taken as a promise but it’s nice to see what direction the developers are looking. It looks like fighter kensai might get a enhancement pass sometime in the future. Hopefully saves will be part of that. There are a bunch of other ideas too. It’s a short post so it’s definitely worth the read.
U24 patch 1 dropped today. Release Notes here. Barbarians got a bit of tweaking but I think the most notable thing was the addition of Champion Hunters and Mysterious Fragments. You get Mysterious Fragments from killing Champions and you turn them into the Champion Hunters located in the two Halls of Heroes (one in Eberron and one in Forgotten Realms). The items available for trade are pretty slim at the moment but offerings will be changed over time.
An unintended side affect of the patch was the breaking of stack-able things in inventory. Certain items can’t be moved and certain items, most notably scrolls, can’t be moved or used/equipped. I found that if you want to consolidate stack-able items in your inventory you can drop one stack in a shared or guild bank then taking it out and putting it on the other stack. That seems to work for me most of the time. The only problem with that is that you can only do that with items that are not bound to character. A hotfix is being worked on now but hopefully it will come soon
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (2)
- February 2015 (1)
- January 2015 (3)
- December 2014 (3)
- November 2014 (1)
- October 2014 (1)
- September 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (2)
- July 2014 (2)
- June 2014 (6)
- May 2014 (3)
- April 2014 (4)
- March 2014 (3)
- February 2014 (2)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (4)
- July 2013 (2)
- June 2013 (2)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (8)
- March 2013 (20)
- February 2013 (34)
Tagsairship android auction birthday box bugged bugs builds character generator Cordovan Crazy ddo destiny developer downtime dragons Dungeons and Dragons epic epic destiny epic gianthold gameplay gianthold hotfix kobold madness maintenance marketplace Monsters MotU outfit patch reference release notes screen shot servers shadowfell Tolero turbine points twitch u24 update update 17 update 20 update 22 youtube
- The DDO Chronicle: Issue 144 May 26, 2015Community Spotlights Macadope brings a gun to a knife fight with a new character build! Click here to check it out, and post your own build on the forums! Looking for the most currently-updated player-created Character Planner? Click here for the Character Builder Lite! To nominate a player, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line […]Cordovan
- DDO Screenshot of the Week #224 May 26, 2015Set gets lost in The Dreaming Dark in our 224th DDO Screenshot of the Week! Interested in finding out how to submit your own screenshot? Click here for submission details! Check out our entire gallery here! DDO Screenshot of the WeekCordovan
- The DDO Chronicle: Issue 143 May 20, 2015Community Spotlights The Damsels of DDO take the "wolf pack" into the Orchard! Click here to watch the video! DDO Players News is giving away 5000 Turbine Points! Click here to enter! To nominate a player, email email@example.com with the subject line "PLAYER SPOTLIGHT" Events The High Lords of Malkier on Sarlona are hosting a Mark of […]Cordovan
- DDO Screenshot of the Week #223 May 19, 2015Elvir sneaks in The Pit in our 223rd DDO Screenshot of the Week! Thanks, Nyrvjjn, for sending in this shadowy screenshot! Interested in finding out how to submit your own screenshot? Click here for submission details! Check out our entire gallery here! DDO Screenshot of the WeekCordovan
- 2015 DDO Players Council Update May 14, 2015Hello! DDO Community Manager Cordovan here with an update on the work of the 2015 DDO Players Council. First off, we've been hoping to get this to you earlier, but work and real life has keep us busy, so we appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. We're hoping to get these out more […]Cordovan
- The DDO Chronicle: Issue 142 May 12, 2015Community Spotlights Jaggie is back with a new craft project! Click here to see it! Grandapah Deddagaen's Funny-Bone & Classical Screenshots has funny DDO images and more! Click here for a laugh! To nominate a player, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "PLAYER SPOTLIGHT" Events The High Lords of Malkier are hosting a Tower […]Cordovan
- DDO Screenshot of the Week #222 May 11, 2015BarNone's Audience with the Queen has a surprising effect in our 222nd DDO Screenshot of the Week! Interested in finding out how to submit your own screenshot? Click here for submission details! Check out our entire gallery here! DDO Screenshot of the WeekCordovan
- Update 25 Patch 3 Release Notes May 6, 2015Update 25 Patch 3 Welcome to the Update 25 Patch 3 Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These notes were posted on Wednesday, May 6th, 2015. News and Notes: Temple of Elemental Evil Base XP for both Temple of Elemental Evil Part One and Part Two has been increased. This also increases […]Cordovan
- The DDO Chronicle: Issue 141 May 5, 2015Community Spotlights Gingerspyce has put together a list of items that come with pre-slotted Augments! Click here to see it! Join the DDO community on Reddit! Click here to check it out! To nominate a player, email email@example.com with the subject line "PLAYER SPOTLIGHT" Events MikarDDO's 10-Week Challenge continues with A Small Problem! Click […]Cordovan
- New Quarterly Wallpapers (Q2 2015 Edition) May 5, 2015Here are the newest Quarterly Wallpapers for your desktop, laptop, or tablet! Simply left-click on the resolution of your choice to open the image, or right-click and ‘save as’ to download to your desktop! 1600x1200 (4:3) 1920x1080 (16:9) 1920x1200 (16:10) w/Calendar: 1600x1200 (4:3) 1920x1080 (16:9) 1920x1200 (16:10) 1600x1200 (4:3) 1920x1080 (16:9) 1920x1200 […]Cordovan
- The DDO Chronicle: Issue 144 May 26, 2015
- Essential content packs May 30, 2015Hello everyone I tried this game years ago but it never...Maximumbob
- DDO Client - Help Please!! May 30, 2015Tried to download the Lamannia server, didnt work. Now I'm...Maxxcore
- Hirelings and champions sigh May 30, 2015Since TOEE came out the hirelings don't seem to do anything...mkmcgw17
- Warlock bugs May 30, 2015I don't know if the devs want this thread here or the...BananaHat
- Character copy not working? May 30, 2015The link in the official thread seems to just hang, and the...pjw
- Looking for familiar faces May 30, 2015I took a break from the game for a couple of years and now...Aila
- Lamannia Patcher May 30, 2015Any chance someone with a working lamannia install could...Xerio
- Updates coming to cannith.cubicleninja.com! May 30, 2015I'm finally getting back around to working on some of my...jjflanigan
- wanted +3 cha blue helm or field optics and a heroic xp stone. could use more ingots. May 30, 2015i have a wide selection of rare and/or expensive items and...Amedeus
- Does AA Slayer Arrow still make you stop dead in your tracks on LAMM? May 29, 2015Anyone who has intalled the latest LLama build to test...Mindos
- Essential content packs May 30, 2015