Update 21 Patch 1 is upon us. You can read all the patch notes here. It has a bunch of fixes and tweaks but the main thing added is a new epic destiny within the divine sphere called Divine Crusader. The patch notes answer the question I had about abilities. It looks like a bunch of them were shuffled around the within the divine sphere. I’m looking forward to using this on my battle cleric.
Divine Crusader is slated to come out in Update 21 Patch 1. No official word on when the patch is going to drop though. It’s currently live on the Lamannia server for testing. This video is Cordovon and Vargouille going over the specifics and answering a few questions.
It seems like it’s going to be nice for melee divines. Some of the abilities are similar if not the same as ones in Unyielding Sentinel which leads me to wonder if any other destinies in the divine spheres will be changed. If they don’t change, will the same abilities from different spheres stack? I might have to download Lamannia and experiment a little.
It’s been quite a long time but The Traveler is back! If I remember correctly the last time The Traveler was in town every character received a bunch of Tokens of the Traveler and a Blessing as well. This time around the only way to get tokens and blessing is going to be via the DDO store. Luckily there will be coupons for the DDO Store to acquire them. I’m sure it will be a limited amount of tokens per account that will be less then the 10 per character of previous years but I’m hoping that the standard items will be better then previous times as well.
I had retired a character during the last time the Traveler was around and recently pulled that one out of retirement and noticed that he still had tokens and a blessing left. I look forward to running around and finding eggs.
Let me know if you pull something awesome. Happy Hunting!
3/21/2014 UPDATE: The traveler has been rescheduled. It seems the loot table was a bit messed up. I’m glad I saved my blessings from two years ago. Now I can use them when the loot table is fixed. And I’m hoping that the coupon is for more then three tokens per account next time.
MMOBomb.com is having a March Madness style contest between a bunch of free to play games. DDO took their first round against Firefall in the Warrior Division. Round 2 DDO is up against Team Fortress 2. Very tough competition. At the time of this post DDO is up by almost 20%. Show your support by voting here. Keep up with the showdown here or when we win on keep up with the contest on www.MMOBomb.com. This round of voting ends at 1PM PST on Friday March 7th.
Update: DDO lost by quite a lot. But it was a valiant effort against a great foe.
I participated in the 8th Anniversary Trivia Event. I was sitting and waiting for Cordovan’s LFM to appear. I saw it and I clicked it right away. I ended being the first person to join on the first LFM on the first server. All in all it was really fun. Dice were rolled, questions were asked, answers were given and prizes were given out. Some of the questions were really easy. Like “Fighters get___”, but some were somewhat difficult or obscure such as “What is the name of the NPC in the random public area” (I left out the actual questions in case he needs to use them again)
I didn’t win the grand prize but I did get a pet, a turbine point code and a Lousy Chain Docent. That’s not an assessment of the docent, that’s the actual name of it. The description: “You participated in a Live Event, but all you got was this lousy chain docent”
I took a few screen shots and while I was reviewing them to post here I noticed something pretty cool. Cordovan had a shield with a Turbine logo on it. The only problem was that the only screen shot I got of it wasn’t a great angle. I tried to find him again with his next group to take more screen shots but he was on top of a building in Eveningstar that is inaccessible to the general population.
If anyone happens to have a closer screen shot of the Turbine Shield post it in the comments on DDOgaming Facebook. I would love to see a good shot of it. I hope Turbine does more events like this. They don’t even have to wait for a Anniversary.
This is the first time I’ve actually seen an admin or developer on the live server. Either it doesn’t happen very often or I always miss it. I think it’d be nice for them to have a presence. I’m really glad I was able to be there for this one. It was a lot of fun.
I frequently get frustrated when Colonel Baktor shows up. His aggro bounces which causes him to teleport over and over causing crippling lag. I’m not sure if it’s technically lag. Lag is defined as “ a noticeable delay between the action of players and the reaction of the server.” All I know is my computers frame rate drops and I have no idea what’s going on. Most of the time the group is done shrining before I can tell that he’s been killed. I usually have enough time to shrine myself though.
I run DDO on an older computer so I thought that was the issue but I’m hearing that people who have newer computers have the same issue. According to the wiki this bug can be fixed by using a skill that causes his agro to reset or to cast mass invisibility on the group both of which only works half the time for me.
All I know is that when this fight comes up I slowly work my way to the area where the shrines spawn and by the time I get there the fight is over and I can shrine. If possible I don’t run this quest on a healer because I could cause the party to wipe and I wouldn’t even know it.
In the upcoming months I will be acquiring a new computer and I’m hoping that this will help with the issue but I’m not so sure.
Senior Developer DrOctothorpe posted a thread in the forums a while back asking us a few questions.
When told to name one loot system that was too hard to acquire, the majority of people overwhelmingly stated the old scroll/seal/shard system was the worst. While I think that when the level cap was 20 the system, while difficult, felt okay but now it takes too long to acquire the desired item. By the time you get everything you need there are so many better items out there.
That got me to thinking: How could it be fixed and not upset anyone who has the old items and bags and bags of the old scrolls, seals and shards?(like me)
I came up with this(and if any developer reads this, you can have it):
First: Update the old epic quests to drop different versions of items depending on quest difficulty: Epic Normal, Epic Hard and Epic Elite (all BTA or BTC) with the same drop rate as newer epic items. Current epic items would automatically be Epic Elite. Base items would given by quest chain or quest giver end rewards and in the heroic content.
Second: Through Alter of Epic rituals base item with scroll would make Epic Normal item, base item with scroll and seal would make Epic Hard item and base item with scroll, seal and shard would make Epic Elite item. That way anyone who’s been saving materials could still get something and wouldn’t have to throw away any hard work.
Third: I think that old scrolls, seals and shards should still drop like they do now, at least for a while, so that if someone currently needs just one or two pieces they can still get it. Or all current materials could be bartered for like the Sands of Menechtarun scrolls can be now in the Twelve.
That’s my idea and while it may not be perfect I think it could bring some new life into that old content. Maybe even sell a few of those old packs to new players.
Tell me what you think. Here or on Facebook.
ProducerRowan gave us a review of this past year as well as a sneak peek at what is possibly in store for us next year. You can read the full post by him here.
He touches on some of the hits and misses that occurred during this past year. The misses include the buggy Mabar Event and the duplication exploit. The Mabar event has, in my opinion, has always been pretty buggy/lagy so except for the first few times it was live I never really put much effort into it. I’m actually surprised that the duplication exploit was even mentioned seeing as that kind of stuff, at least in the official channels is extremely hush hush.
What I’m really excited about is what’s coming up next year. There is going to be two new huge raids in Forgotten Realms which will introduce a minority that I forgot existed in the world; the dwarfs and Thunderholme.
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Dungeons and Dragons a classic module, Haunted Halls of Eveningstar will be released. Both Thunderholme and the Haunted Halls will be adventure packs free to VIPs.
The thing I’m most excited for is the second update that is going to be released. Eberron is going to have Three Barrel Cove taken to epic. I should have seen this coming. The devs always seem put little clues into what’s coming up if you look hard enough for them. I thought the new items that were made a few updates ago were just to give a little life to the old quest pack but I think they were actually a sneak peek in to the new epic items(all the Scoundrels items ect..). Within this update there are going to be new airship layouts which is something I’ve been looking forward to for a while and I’m going to be happy to spend astral shards on.When not questing I spend most of my time on my airship so a change of scenery will be nice.
The third and fourth “updates” which I suspect one of them will be an expansion is going to be a new area called Anauroch in Forgotten Realms and the level cap will be increased to the top limit of level 30. There is also talk of a new Epic Destiny in the divine sphere which you can read about here.
Some things that are on the table but not confirmed for possibly 2015 are “Greensteel 2,” “Intelligent Weapons” and “Sentient Weapons.” There could possibly be very high endgame weapons and items that would use crafting elements. I’m thinking like the current Greensteel model but higher level obviously.
All in all I think we are all in store for a nice 2014.
Like Us On Facebook
Tagsandroid auction birthday box bugged builds bypass character generator classes coming soon companion Crazy ddo destiny downtime dragons Dungeons and Dragons epic destiny epic gianthold gameplay gianthold kobold maintenance marketplace Monsters MotU outfit patch pen and paper raid reference release notes screen shot screen shots servers shadowfell shroud tips Tolero Traveler turbine points update update 17 update 20 youtube
- DDO Screenshot of the Week #168 April 15, 2014Musk and his apprentice Revestoojr prepare to "shortman" Chronoscope on Elite in our 168th DDO Screenshot of the Week! Thanks, Musk, for sending in this nice training screenshot! Interested in finding out how to submit your own screenshot? Click here for submission details! Check out our entire gallery here! DDO Screenshot of the Week […]Cordovan
- The DDO Chronicle: Issue 88 April 10, 2014Community Spotlights Mops heads into Epic territory in a new blog post! Click here to read it! Erdrique looks at the Druid spell Salt Ray! Click here to see more! To nominate a player, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "PLAYER SPOTLIGHT" Guild Hall The Finders Trading Company is a level 19 guild on Thelanis that focuses on "heavy […]Cordovan
- New Quarterly Wallpapers are here! (Q2 2014 Edition) April 8, 2014Here are the newest Quarterly Wallpapers for your desktop, laptop, or tablet! Simply left-click on the resolution of your choice to open the image, or right-click and ‘save as’ to download to your desktop! 1600x1200 (4:3) 1920x1080 (16:9) 1920x1200 (16:10) w/Calendar: 1600x1200 (4:3) 1920x1080 (16:9) 1920x1200 (16:10) 1600x1200 (4:3) 1920x1080 (16:9) 1 […]Cordovan
- DDO Screenshot of the Week #167 April 7, 2014Mahapunavadi takes the High Road in our 167th DDO Screenshot of the Week! Thank you, Khattiya, for sending in this great-looking screenshot! Interested in finding out how to submit your own screenshot? Click here for submission details! Check out our entire gallery here! DDO Screenshot of the Week […]Cordovan
- The DDO Chronicle: Issue 87 April 4, 2014Community Spotlights The High Lords of Malkier are hosting their next teaching raid this weekend! Saturday's raid will be Epic Chronoscope. Click here for more information! A group of players on Sarlona are launching a new custom chat channel to provide advice and answer questions! Click here to learn more! To nominate a player, email email@example.com […]Cordovan
- Update 21 Patch 1 Release Notes April 2, 2014Release Notes: Update 21 Patch 1 Welcome to the Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted on Monday, April 7th, 2014. Of Special Note: Divine Crusader The Divine Crusader is a righteous warrior who purifies and consecrates the ground he walks on to confront evil head on. Through a mix of melee power, offensive spel […]Cordovan
- DDO Screenshot of the Week #166 March 31, 2014Targal finds beauty in death in our 166th DDO Screenshot of the Week! Thanks, Targal, for sending in this interesting screenshot! Interested in finding out how to submit your own screenshot? Click here for submission details! Check out our entire gallery here! DDO Screenshot of the Week […]Cordovan
- The DDO Chronicle: Issue 86 March 28, 2014Community Spotlights Erdrique opens the cookie jar in a new blog post! Click here to find out more! Aeryyn is chronicling the adventures of a permadeath group! Click here to read it! To nominate a player, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "PLAYER SPOTLIGHT" Events The High Lords of Malkier are continuing their raid teaching runs on Sarl […]Cordovan
- 2014 DDO Players Council: Update #1 March 25, 2014Welcome to the first update about what the DDO Players Council has been up to! One of the goals of the DDO Players Council is to create a place where we can get direct feedback from a diverse group of voices, and we’re very happy with the effort so far. We’ve been working to ensure that while we respect the needs of the Players Council’s Non-Disclosure Agr […]Cordovan
- DDO Screenshot of the Week #165 March 24, 2014Meili decides to protect the entrance to the Spinner of Shadows in our 165th DDO Screenshot fo the Week! Thanks, gelgoog, for sending in this cool dungeon screenshot! Interested in finding out how to submit your own screenshot? Click here for submission details! Check out our entire gallery here! DDO Screenshot of the Week […]Cordovan
- DDO Screenshot of the Week #168 April 15, 2014
- Make +5 tomes Permanent in Store! April 17, 2014Please put these in the store full time. I can't think of...Roland_D'Arabel
- Want cards on Ghallanda - have cards on Thelanis April 17, 2014I have these cards on Thelanis - would like similar cards...SlayerInFlorida
- Hey, Tolero April 17, 2014How about a True Seeing augment now when it has lost some...patang01
- Help me. Please April 17, 2014Ok orien. Can somebody tell me the correct way to get a...Skitzs
- Best Epic Arcane Past life feat for a Cleric? April 17, 2014The toon will remain a cleric. Energy criticals is... […]Ravand
- Will Astral Shards ever be added back into Daily Dice? April 17, 2014When Daily Dice Rolls were first introduced, sometimes you...ForgettableNPC
- Limited Time VIP Offer: 15 Months for the price of 12! April 17, 2014Now through April 30th, you can get 15 months of VIP for...Tolero
- Best Epic Arcane Past life feat for a Cleric? April 17, 2014The toon will remain a cleric. Energy criticals is... […]Ravand
- EK Build help? April 17, 2014I am attempting to make an wizard eldritch knight build...Wyvernjack96
- Have cards on Argo & Sarlona April 17, 2014Have Argo:- i x 4 ii x 7 iii x 4 iv x 3 v x 5 vi... […]Emizand
- Make +5 tomes Permanent in Store! April 17, 2014